This spicy chicken dish comes all the way from Nashville, and it is full of taste and the best part is that you can decide how hot to make it!
- 4x Chicken thighs
- 2x Buttermilk pots
- 1-2 tsp Pickle juice
- Fryed Hot Sauce (or any hot sauce to your liking)
- Plain flour (enough to cover chicken)
- Vegetable oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3-4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 3-4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Fresh red chillies
- Spring onion to garnish
- Put chicken thighs into a bowl and pour in all the buttermilk, 1-2 tsp of pickle juice and a generous amount of hot sauce (depending how hot you want it).
- Combine everything together
- Cling film the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to really sink in.
- After refrigerating, combine the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- One by one, tip the thighs into the bowl until they are fully covered int he flour mix. Place in a dish or tray.
- Fill a deep pan with vegetable oil, about half way up so that the thighs can be fully covered by the oi.
- Let the oil heat up. Once it is very hot, place 1-2 chicken thighs carefully in. Let them cook for about 15 minutes, until fully cooked through. Place in a metal rack.
- Repeat the step above until all thighs are cooked.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, combine the garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper into a deep bowl/pan.
- When the chicken is cooked and on a metal rack, dip 2 laddles of the hot oil into the bowl with the paprika and cayenne pepper mix.
- Pour the oil mix on top of the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken onto a plate and garnish with spring onion and fresh red chillies.